Carpe Diem

Rambling snobbery - books, music, food, knitting and sewing

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

White trash season's greetins

Help I'm eating Chocolate covered pretzels and I can't stop Okay - so I may not be the most traveled or well read chick on the planet but I know a thing or two about Shakespeare and I know the difference between a Merlot and a Pinot Noir - but come on I live in Elkhorn Wisconsin and my house is older than dirt and in fact very often piled high with said offal. And man when Thanksgiving and the holiday's approach the true Wisconsinite in me rises up and takes stage. I actually am looking forward to some white stuff (not much but a little) and the radio station the MIXX is playing christmas music and yes I am a'listenin. Now as I type this I am listening to radio IO ambient and Forest in all of his valiumed glory but inside I am longing for Berl Ives. My two personas are so diametrically opposed I feel like I am being torn in half! Well, anyway I guess the me that knows what I know is okay with being a little bit white trash - it keeps me honest - know'd I mean? nudge nudge wink wink know'd I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home