Carpe Diem

Rambling snobbery - books, music, food, knitting and sewing

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The scarf

Unspun wool top - yummy soft

dee dee's scarfWhat do you get someone who you didn't know super well who then gets in a horrible accident and now is functioning at about 40% of what they were? That's the conundrum I was faced with and being a knitter who has WAYYY too mch stash - but very little time - you knit them a scarf. Dee Dee was always a bit of an enigma to me. She and RJ were married the same year the man and I did and then they divorced - but stayed friends - which is when I came into the picture. Then last year she was in a horrible motorcycle accident and nearly died. But being the fighter that she is - she prevailed and I believe that she will walk again (But that's just me). RJ tells me that one of the side effects of the brain injury is that she's always cold - hence the scarf. It's knit in moss stitch on huge needles in unspun super soft wool top that I just spun ever so lightly. I knit it as a key hole so that she wouldn't have to mess with it. It's so soft. I hope she likes it. I got it done so fast I have time to do more if I want to. It's blocking as we speak - pix to follow. I swear.

"You can't have a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." Frank Zappa

Can I get an amen? - Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home