Carpe Diem

Rambling snobbery - books, music, food, knitting and sewing

Monday, August 15, 2011

This one's for me

They say that you can boil a frog to death if you turn the heat up slowly enough. This really doesn't make me either happy or sad since I really fucking hate frogs, but it serves to make it's point quite eloquently. A frog in it's right little amphibious mind would jump the hell straight out of hot water if given the chance. But you know sitting all happy in the hot tub that is all the while slowly marinating his froggy ass- just hits so close to home for me. I hate frogs. Maybe I'll share that stupid phobia with you - it's kind of like clowns for some only more Wisconsin on a rainy April day and less plagues of Pharoah. But the fact of the matter is that I have lived every single one of the "judgments" I've placed on someone in my life and I really pray that God let's up his really heavy - really powerful omnipotent hand sometime soon so I can breathe again. I've been boiled.

I sat long enough on my own self righteous "oh my God - who does she think she is doing XYZ!" laurels. Really ? God is being kind to me not to just zap me and make it done. But instead - here I sit all reflective and penitent realizing I suck. But I suck in the middle of the story. The end has not been written yet. Isn't that exciting?

How about I let you tell me what you think and we go on from here? What if this really were real and you got to dictate someone's life from afar? What if this were really happening in real time and you had a say?

Would you offer your opinion? Or let me boil to death in my own choices? I am listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home