Carpe Diem

Rambling snobbery - books, music, food, knitting and sewing

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I've got an Ipod and I'm not afraid to use it!

Katie's Blog
Don't get me wrong I normally eschew all things technical - except of course this computer :D But when the man decided that his life would end if there was no mp3 player in his near future to block out the REALLY bad music at his gym - I played the "me too" card. Not really thinking this thing was all that but hey when in Elkhorn . . . OMG! I am totally addicted. And as with all good addictions I guess there have to be rules so that it does not completely take over your life. It's rude to ignore the children ask for the 75th time in 2 hours for juice/snacks/computer time EXCEPT when jumping rope - then I get to ignore the universe - right? It's not appropriate to listen in the car when there may be the possibility of an actual conversation with the man that may NOT get interrupted by someone under 8 - three times. I will add to the list when more strikes me.

As far as other addictions go - knitting is back in full swing since it's getting warm here in Wisconsin and I don't feel like ending my life with an icicle to the heart. One would indeed wonder why ANYBODY would want to live anywhere where the words "wind chill factor" really mean something - until about May and then some sort of denial sets in. Winter is like something terrible that happened to you as a child that you block out like some repressed memory. All you can see is flowers and the smell of lilacs is like a siren luring you to stay - with the promise of brats and bbq's and vast quantities of beer. And we believe this lie even though the truth is indeed out there and it needs shoveling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home